Trigger shortcuts based on Environmental, Hardware and System factors.
MacOS 13.1 (Ventura)
Simple to use, set up your first trigger in a few seconds
Powerful Environmental, Hardware and System watchers - see below
Trigger MacOS Shortcuts & pass input to the shortcuts.
Access Trypa watchers though the Shortcuts.app directly
iCloud Trigger Syncing
Intel and Apple Silicon native
Sandboxed with a hardened runtime
Teeny footprint, less than 8MB
Want to try Trypa out? The lite version is fully functional but limited to a single trigger
How does Trypa work?
What can you watch for?
• Sounds, use your Mac's mic to listen for sounds using on device machine learning powered by Core ML
• Proximity, detect Bluetooth LE trackers like AirTags.
• Time and Date, specific time and date or on days of the week
• Location Detection, use geofences to detect when you enter or leave any location
• Keyboard Shortcuts and mouse / trackpad actions
• Apple Music (Track, Album, Artist and Genre matching)
• Sunrise / Sunset Detection
• USB devices (plugged in or removed)
• Network Interface (wifi, ethernet etc)
• Displays (Number of connected displays)
• Audio Devices (AirPods or headphones connected etc)
• App Detection (launching or quitting)
• Focus Detection, check which focus mode is enabled
• Screen Lock, check if you screen is locked or not
• Trigger below a specific battery % or check Low Power Mode
• Empty Drive Space detection, check when your boot drive is getting too full
• Mounted / Unmounted Drive detection, look for specific drives or disk images being plugged in and removed
• File/Folder detection, check for new files or missing files
• Check inside a text file and look for a matching string
• Thermal Stress, watch for computer working too hard or cooling down
• Free RAM, watch for when your RAM is being used
• Wifi, check for a specific wifi network, great for location adjustment
What can you Trigger?
1000's of Actions are already built into to shortcuts, including:
SMS or FaceTime
Control Homekit Devices
Run terminal commands
Create or delete an item
Trigger IFTTT and Zapier automations
Send a Tweet
or post something
Speak something at full volume
Take a webcam picture
Turn the brightness down
See Trypa in action